Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quick Math

The website I have found is called Quick Math. In this game, students are selecting the proper symbol to complete the equation. It requires much thought and focus!

It can be connected to Grade 4 Mathematics: Numbers & Operations. In the site, they focus on addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

This site can enhance student's learning because it can be used as a practice tool. Students can see how many they've got right while they play. There are also many other games on the original website that can relate to a few areas of the curriculum.

How I would use this website in a classroom would be to get students into partners and for them to work together on the equations. I find that this website is better to use in partners because it could become challenging and repetitive so allowing students to work with each other might make it more fun and useful. At the end, I would like them to tell me which equation they found the easiest to pick out and the hardest. This way, I could gauge where the students are now and which equations to spend more time on. It could be used as a sort of assessment guide.

No comments: